Hospice/Palliative Care Billing Specialist
CoxHealth at Home (formerly Oxford HealthCare) is seeking a Hospice/Palliative Care Billing Specialist to join our team!
- Full time
- Springfield, MO
- Submits NOEs and NOTRs daily for hospice clients.
- Prepares Medicare, Medicaid, private pay, and private insurance billing accordance with federal, state, and local laws for hospice and palliative care.
- Audits palliative care services for accuracy prior to billing; work with clinical for corrections.
- Updates and files billing related records to maintain patient accounts.
- Works all outstanding accounts for hospice and palliative care, including phone contact with payers for payment on accounts. Review all accounts regularly for collectability.
- Educates self on new billing related regulations through Medicare manual and bulletins.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year of general accounting office experience.
- Computer and 10-key literate.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and confidentiality entries.
- Ability to use general office machines.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Continued education or certificate in general accounting.
Benefits (may vary by position and location)
- Paid training/mileage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Retirement savings 403B
- Flexible spending tax savings plan
- Childcare center
- Cox medical clinic
- Fitness center
- Credit union
- Competitive wages
- Cell phone
- No on call
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit
- Affordable insurance